The maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) routine for any aircraft fleet is essential for safety and dependability. Proper care for your aircraft comes from being equipped with the right tools — and for aviation maintenance, there’s no substitute for work stands.
Aircraft technicians can complete some basic MRO operations with pre-made aircraft maintenance stands. These are a couple of our popular pre-made models from our wide selection:
- B-4 Maintenance Stand: Our B-4 maintenance platform has been a popular choice for years and is one of the go-to stands for the U.S. military. Its hydraulic foot pump allows for easy adjustment between three and six feet and can carry up to 500 pounds.
- B-1 Maintenance Stand: Our B-1 maintenance stand is a popular model due to its versatility and suitable range for everyday operations. It's easily moveable, and you can use it for anything between a three and 12-foot range and to carry up to 500 pounds.
In other cases, custom-made ground support equipment (GSE) is the best solution. As every MRO facility operates differently, custom stands give you a perfectly-fitted setup for your maintenance routine.
Every MRO management operation requires a unique solution to maximize efficiency, and there are several factors to consider before you decide what equipment to get. So how do you know which custom work stand is right for you?
Our Process for Making the Best Aircraft Maintenance Stands
At JETechnology Solutions, we have a five-step process that’s been making MRO managers of all aviation industries happy for years:
1. Aircraft Maintenance Stand Consultation and Collaboration
The first step toward your custom maintenance solution is a pressure-free consultation. We’ll get to know you and your operation needs, and then discuss options that may be good for you.
We’ve collaborated with almost every aviation industry — from passenger airlines and international companies to the United States military. For every customer, there’s a unique maintenance solution. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with the best equipment possible. With over 40,000 daily flights in the U.S. alone, reliable and efficient GSE has never been more crucial.
We have extensive experience working with the United States military, which has helped us become the experts on custom-design. The military has several models of special-purpose aircraft that need their own custom maintenance equipment. Because of this experience, we know to how engineer GSE solutions for any maintenance routine. Our team of engineers has over 75 years of combined experience and will design the best setup for you.
The next step is to discuss your goals — what aircraft you manage, what your current maintenance equipment is like and how you would like it to improve. Once we know what your management needs and goals are, we’ll be able to suggest equipment options.
There are specific requirements that every MRO manager needs to fulfill. We’ll discuss your maintenance routine to establish the details of what type of work your team does. No matter what you need to get done, we have options for materials and features that will fit your specifications.
We have a wide range of options to fit your budget. Depending on your MRO goals and operations, we offer different materials for construction that fit into the price range for your maintenance needs.
Upon approval, we conduct interviews with your in-house safety experts, end-users and stakeholders.
We’ll even come to your MRO facility to survey your workspace to consider its layout for the design of your work stand. These are some of the factors we consider when visiting your facility:
- Dimensional Restrictions: We assess your work area to determine what type of equipment is best suited to the space you have, not only for when the stand set up but for storage as well.
- Flooring Specifications: You need a stand that functions well in your facility. It must be designed for mobility, and you must have enough space to operate around it as well.
- Installation Restrictions: Before design and shipping to your facility, we determine the best course of action for installation, so as to not interrupt your ongoing maintenance as we install.
- Load Capacity: Depending on your workers and the tools you use in your maintenance, we determine the load capacity you’ll need for your equipment so that it is safe and compliant with OSHA regulations before we begin to design.
- Preferences for Material Construction: When we visit your facility, we can better determine which materials are suitable for your operations.
- Modularity: We design some of our work stands to be compatible as modular units — able to be attached and detached from wrap-around platforms for the ultimate versatility for any maintenance job.
- The Number of People Using the Stands: We meet your maintenance team and get to know how they work — how many people they prefer in one maintenance area at a time, etc. — and then we can design a stand that fits into the way they operate.
- Railing Height: Depending on your operations, railing height can be an important specification to determine in person — it provides your maintenance team with a safe working platform, and it makes sure the railing doesn’t get in the way for specific repair jobs.
2. Design and Concept
The next phase before we begin manufacturing is to design your maintenance stand. Here at JETechnology, our most valuable team member is you. Our process revolves around you, and we don’t put anything into production until we make sure it's exactly what's right for your MRO team and your maintenance facility.
This is how we do it:
- Hand Sketching: Our industry-leading and innovative designs all start with a hand sketch. We manually conceptualize each custom platform before we put it into our digital engineering programs.
- 3D CAD Modeling: We use 3D CAD modeling, so you’ll be able to see your custom maintenance stand in three dimensions before it enters into the production phase. This makes it easy to collaborate and tweak the design if need be.
- In-Person Collaboration: We keep you involved in our manufacturing process — our customers often visit our facility before and during fabrication. We collaborate with you to make sure every aspect of your maintenance equipment is exactly how you envision it.
Because of our extensive experience, we know how to make high-quality, practical GSE designs. Working closely with our clients has made us the experts on creating solutions that maximize functionality. We guarantee our custom equipment to be the safest and most user-friendly available.
No matter what custom design we make, safety is always our priority.
We make sure our designs are compliant with up-to-date safety regulations. Your maintenance platforms have to be up to code to protect your aircraft and engineers as well as to satisfy the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Air Force Occupational and Environmental Safety, Fire Protection and Health (AFOSH) codes. All of our custom stands are OSHA and AFOSH compliant.
If you have maintenance equipment that isn’t up to safety code, it’s dangerous to your workers, and you may be at risk for OSHA fines. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports about three million workplace injuries per year — we help our clients avoid being a part of this statistic.
OSHA requirements are numerous and specific, and we’re proud that our products satisfy and exceed their safety specifications. We incorporate all OSHA safety requirements into every custom design we make — everything from handrail height to load capacity rating to the materials and angle of your staircases.
3. Manufacturing and Shipping Detailing
At JETechnology Solutions, we manufacture all of our ground support equipment in-house at our 12,000 square-foot headquarters in Orlando, Florida. Because we do everything right here, it makes quality assurance and modifications quick and easy — which means our lead times are faster for your project. We guarantee quality assurance in our manufacturing process and maintain full traceability of our material sourcing, which ensures you get a well-made product:
- All of our maintenance stands are 100-percent American-made. From our materials to our labor, everything is done right here in the U.S.A. We’re proud to offer all-American products that are of the highest quality available. We have a vetted and approved Qualified Suppliers List that guarantees you receive the highest-grade materials.
- During every phase of our production process, we perform rigorous quality checks through our Quality Assurance program.
- Before we begin to manufacture your ground support equipment, we plan how we’ll ship it to you. We handle every aspect of delivery — from packaging requirements to delivery and setup. We make sure your stand gets to you quickly and safely.
- We determine the best method of transportation for your equipment and your preferences. We maintain flexible shipping options, and we work with you to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective manner of delivery.
- Our ground support equipment comes ready to assemble. From the moment it arrives at your facility, it's prepared for your new and improved MRO maintenance routine. We also offer installation as training support at your facility upon request.
Because we plan packaging and delivery before manufacturing, we're ready to ship as soon as we finish making your stand — so you'll receive it as quickly as possible. Our Engineering and Logistics team works closely with you during the process so that we can make a seamless transition into delivering and setting up your ground support equipment.
4. Testing and Documentation
While we perform quality assurance checks throughout our design and manufacturing process, we have a phase dedicated to testing every component of our products so that they work flawlessly when they get to your facility. We have a structured and detailed testing process that guarantees an excellent and safe product — no matter which size or type of stand you order. We've created our tried-and-tested Quality Assurance program with AS9100C principles.
Our Testing and Documentation Phase includes:
- Quality Assurance: Before we ship the product to you, it undergoes rigorous testing to make sure it's up to our high standards of quality as well as compliant with OSHA requirements. We engineer all of our stands on a military-grade level, and we take personal pride in every piece of equipment we make.
- A Detailed Testing Phase: We have a detailed checklist that each piece of maintenance equipment undergoes before we approve it for delivery. Every component is tested for functionality and quality before we send your order to you.
- An Operation and Maintenance Manual: We create an operation and maintenance manual specific to your custom equipment. The manual includes how to safely assemble and operate your stand as well as any maintenance that’s needed to keep it working for years to come.
- Documentation: We provide any additional documentation you need concerning safety specifications to satisfy OSHA and AFOSH requirements. We’ll guide you through the details and answer any questions you may have.
We hold all of our products to the highest standard because we know the importance of reliable maintenance equipment. We work with the United States military, and their aircraft must be ready to go at a moment's notice. That’s why we engineer all of our stands to be military-tough and reliable — our clients can’t afford to worry about their ground support equipment. It has to be simple to operate, easy to maintain and reliable one hundred percent of the time.
You can expect the highest-quality from every piece of maintenance equipment we make because we know what's at stake — it's not just the safety of your crew on the ground, but also your crew and aircraft in the air.
5. Delivery, Setup and Training
We demonstrate your platform's features to your in-house safety inspectors. This way, there’s no guesswork, and you can immediately begin using your stand with peace of mind. There’s no substitute for having the safest equipment available for your maintenance engineers. They’ll appreciate the professional-level setup and have a functional, secure work stand at their disposal.
At your request, we set up your equipment and provide onsite training. We’ll come to your facility and show you the best way to assemble your aircraft maintenance stand. We’ll teach you and your maintenance team the safest practices for operations and tricks as well as tips for storage, disassembly and interfacing of tools and power. We make sure your transition into using your new equipment is smooth and doesn’t interrupt your ongoing operations.
We have a trusted network of delivery partners we use to deliver all over the United States and the world. Our quality assurance goes beyond just our design and manufacturing — it goes with your maintenance equipment all the way to your facility. We only use shipping companies that reflect the commitment to excellent service of JETechnology Solutions. Our network of shipping associates have worked with us for years and are a valued asset to our company.
Better MRO Starts Today
At JETechnology, we’re committed to improving the safety standards for aviation maintenance technology. When you equip your technicians with quality ground support equipment, they’ll be safer and able to work more efficiently.
Our industry-leading designs allow your maintenance routine to run seamlessly. There’s a unique solution for every maintenance operation, and we’ll walk you through the steps to figure out the best equipment for you. Contact our team of experienced engineers for a pressure-free consultation — we’ll give you the guidance you need to make an informed decision toward having a better MRO operation.